Everything Under The Sun... And Then Some!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

MACROSS MEGA MARATHON | EPISODE 12: BIG ESCAPE




Iconic Scene: Milia gets ready for her first sortie in her Queadluun-Rau (the first that we see anyway) Quotable Quotes: "They're just miclones, I can more than handle them myself." (right up until you tangle with a certain blue-haired miclone) 
 Best Character: It's a tough call so I'll go with Milia for having a badass entrance. 
 Best Death: The brownies who were the first to suffer Milia's wrath. 

 And so our characters make their big escape while Loli, Conda and Warera are secreted aboard the Macross. Here we see Laplamiz and Milia for the first time. Milia's a fan favorite and I must admit, I'm a sucker for ladies with green hair (and/or green skin) but I think a lot of this is down to Mikimoto's design of her. Most of the Macross characters are not what you'd call deep or complex but Milia unfortunately tends to get the short end of the stick in this regard, especially in a certain later episode. Also, the short end of having her character look consistent between episodes. Also, a funny little thing to note: The Zentradi are unaware of culture, yes? So why does Milia always look like she's wearing lipstick?

This. Is. My. BOOMSTICK!!! (I had to include it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment