Everything Under The Sun... And Then Some!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ghostbusters Mania

I recently had the opportunity to see Ghostbusters in theaters, as seen in a previous post. Well, I made the most of the opputunity and shot some bad photos when I went to see it again. I suppose technically this is a no-no, but they're just pictures and Sony/Columbia has made oodles of money off of GB already. Besides it's a fan thing.

Also I wanted to post what i thought were the ten best bits of dialogue in the whole film. I'll try not to post all of Bill Murray's lines.  :)

10. "Hee-hee-hee, GET HER! That was your whole plan? Get her? It was scientific."
--Dr. Peter Venkman

9. Oh that's very fascinating to me, I read a lot myself. Some people think I'm too intellectual but I think it's a fabulous way to spend your spare time. I also play raquetball. Do you have any hobbies?"
"I collect spores, molds and fungus."
--Janine Melnitz and Dr. Egon Spengler

 8. "You know, you don't act like a scientist."
"They're usually pretty stiff."
"You're more like a gameshow host."
--Dana Barrett and Dr. Peter Venkman
 7. "Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."
"Total protonic reversal!"
"Alright that's bad. Okay, important safety tip, thanks Egon."
--Drs. Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz and Peter Venkman
 6. "Do you want this body?"
"Is this a trick question?"
--Zuul and Dr. Peter Venkman
 5. Well let's say that this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. According to this morning's sample it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds."
"That's a big Twinkie."
--Dr. Egon Spengler and Winston Zeddemore
 4. "The whole building was designed and built expressley for the purpose of pulling in and concentrating spiritual turbulence. Your girlfriend lives in the corner penthouse of Spook Central."
"She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and because she sleeps above her covers. Four feet above her covers. She barks, she drools, she claws..."
Drs. Ray Stantz and Peter Venkman
 3. "This city is headed for a disaster of biblical porportions!"
"What do you mean biblical?!"
"What I mean is Old Testament Mr. Mayor. Real Wrath of God-type stuff! Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!"
"Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes!"
"The dead rising from the grave!"
"Human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!"
"ENOUGH! I get the point! What if you're wrong?"
"If I'm wrong, nothing happens, we go to jail, peacefully, quietly, we'll enjoy it. But if I'm right and we CAN stop this thing... Lenny... you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters."
--Mayor Lenny and the Ghostbusters
 2. Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!!"
--Winston Zeddemore
1. "Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown!"
--Dr. Peter Venkman

And of course, honorable mention goes to "We came. we saw, we KICKED IT'S ASS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment