Everything Under The Sun... And Then Some!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Who Ya Gonna Call... Again.

In about two hours, I'm going to get to do something I've never done beffore. For the first time (offcially) since 1984, one of the greatest movies of all time, Ghostbusters, is coming back to the big screen for a special limited engagement. And I'm gonna be there. I kinda wish this was California because one of the movie theaters over there will be graced by the presence of Ecto-1 but hey, you can't have absolutely everything in life.
I really can't tell you how much this excites me. It's bringing back memories of 1997 when the Star Wars original trilogy specials were released into theaters and I got to see some of my favorite screen icons actually on the silver screen. To give you some perspective, Return of the Jedi came out about 3 1/2 years before I was even born. A New Hope came out 7 1/2 months after my parents got married. Yeah. So anyway, it's not a small thing to say that Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies. My dad first showed it to us back in the early 90's after we started taking summer trips to Universal Studios Orlando and Patrick and I were watching The Real Ghostbusters on Saturdays and weekdays. Istantly I got hooked and have been hooked ever since, so this oppurtunity to see this movie in theaters is a real treat. And I plan to do it more than once because there will be showings tonight and on the 20th and 27th. I'll also be posting pictures of me going to the theater and what's happening with the oft-rumoured and now more so Ghostbusters III at a later date.

So when your town is being sucked into the tenth level of Hell, when there's something strange in your neighborhood, when dogs and cats start living together... who ya gonna call?

No comments:

Post a Comment